Footy In A Week


World Cup babes – Part XI
June 30, 2006, 3:01 pm
Filed under: World Cup 2006

5731602_7_2.jpg

167335668_eb8c77e303.jpg

175554293_a181dde116.jpg

iran_port_26.jpg

1150628131e3238eh.jpg

167358746_dfbb5f4cb7.jpg

5922041.jpg

fullgetty-fbl-wc2006-match49-ger-swe-fan_10_03_05_am.jpg

upskirt.JPG

3609745.jpg

3626351.jpg

Advertisements


World Cup babes – Part X
June 29, 2006, 12:48 am
Filed under: World Cup 2006

176357770_5dc6dbb2c3.jpg

176340402_d48a20062c.jpg

176339473_cec872f303.jpg

176738745_f02a553d91.jpg

176678226_f292bb7144.jpg

176664155_c16828116e.jpg

173337809_73785b5ae3.jpg



Juventus manager tries to commit suicide
June 28, 2006, 4:08 pm
Filed under: Italian League

Former Juventus player Gianluca Pessotto was in a serious condition in hospital on Tuesday after falling from a window at the club’s headquarters.

The 35-year-old former defender, now the club’s team manager, suffered multiple fractures and internal bleeding but was in a stable condition, the hospital said.

Pessotto was found clutching a rosary having fallen some 15 metres from a dormer window in the building’s roof, police sources said. Pessotto hit two parked cars before landing on the ground sustaining multiple fractures.

‘In all probability it was a voluntary move by Pessotto,’ an investigative source who asked not to be identified said. A Turin hospital official speaking on Sky Italia television said police were investigating a suicide attempt.

Pessotto, who took up the post of team manager last month after 11 years with the team, is not among those facing charges at a sports tribunal due to start on Thursday, but his wife Reana Pessotto has already confirmed reports that her husband had been suffering from depression, adding to speculation that he tried to take his own life.

Pessotto is currently in a stable position, and Italy players Alessandro del Piero and Gianluca Zambrotta have left the team’s World Cup camp in Germany to visit Juventus colleague Gianluca Pessotto in hospital.



The Rumour Mill – Italians on the move
June 27, 2006, 4:25 pm
Filed under: The Rumour Mill

Juventus

With the club looking almost certain to be relegated to Seria B, some of the Junvetus big stars will be walking out of th club. The latest names to be mentiones are Buffon and Cannavaro. The most expensive goalkeeper in the world is said to be currently in negotiations with Arsenal, but has also mentioned that he prefers to stay in Italy. Cannavaro is also linked with another London club, Chelsea. The Italian press has mentioned that Mourinho is looking to strengthen his back-line and Cannavaro has been mentioned as a possibility.AC Milan star Nesta has also been linked with a move to Chelsea, with William Gallas tipped to move in the other direction as part of the deal. The 30-year-old would also cost in the region of £12.5million. Cannavaro is also a possibility with reports in Italy claiming Juventus have agreed a £15million deal with the Blues.

Newcastle 

The Magpies are already looking for a replacement for the injured Owen. Along with long time target Dirk Kuyt, who recently said that he will now start negotiating a move to the Premiership, Darrent Bent is also on Newcastle’s target list, but they will face competition from Tottenham. Speaking of which, Newcastle will also try bidding for Spurs forward Jermain Defoe.

Real Madrid

Real Madrid presidential candidate Lorenzo Sanz has said that he has struck deals with Adriano and an ‘Englishman’, possibly Ashley Cole. But the deal will also see Real Madrid players moving the other way. In total, Sanz has signed four players, two from Inter Milan (one of them is Adriano), an Englishman, and a Portuguese player.
With [Inter president] Massimo Moratti, I have reached an agreement for an exchange of players between Real Madrid and Inter,” revealed Sanz.

Those four players are, not to give many clues, two from Inter, another one is Portuguese and the fourth is English.

Sanz will reveal the players on Thursday.

On Thursday we will present the four contracts with the clubs and players to demonstrate that we have made signings, not like the others.

Since presidential candidate Juan Miguel Villar,  has already stated that he will bring Manchester United winger Christiano Ronaldo, who also approved a move to Madrid, Sanz’s Portugues player is possibly Chelsea’s Ricardo Carvalho.

The rest..

Arsenal have offered a contract to Tunisia World Cup defender Hatem Trabelsi according to the player’s agent, whilst the right back has also called time on his international career. Arsenge Wenger also revealed that he is keen on Dutch international Dirk Kuyt.

Benfica are paving the way for Simao for a Summer transfer, which might be good news for Liverpool as Benfica might drop their value a little bit.

Maxim Kalinichenko is a £3.5m target for Manchester United, according to reports in Russia. Kalinichenko has been one of the stars of Ukraine’s advance to the World Cup quarter-finals, and is said to have caught the eye of Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson. His club Spartak Moscow have already said he will not go for less than £3.5m.



World Cup babes – Part IX
June 27, 2006, 3:25 pm
Filed under: World Cup 2006

174097411_5bda202641.jpg

5729432_7_1.jpg

5691928_7_1.jpg

174852923_863c6aa3fd.jpg

174848014_a32fcdd2c7.jpg

5727768_7_2.jpg

175815298_cce46b5e84.jpg

174092593_eb973387dc.jpg



Scout who discovered Zidane dies
June 26, 2006, 12:00 pm
Filed under: European Football, Spanish League

The man who discovered Zinedine Zidane has died at the age of 85, L'Equipe reported. Jean Varraud spotted the then 15-year-old Zidane playing for a small club in the Marseille league in 1987. He then persuaded Zidane to sign for Cannes, the team where he would make his professional debut.



World Cup babes – Part VIII
June 25, 2006, 1:44 am
Filed under: World Cup 2006

173427431_0380e6825f.jpg

brazilgrl.jpg

brazilgrl2.jpg

iran.jpg

ukane_emps500.jpg

172772894_28a43f6372.jpg

172772893_dfd7e002a2.jpg

172773654_5a2cd2030c.jpg